5 Jan 2026

1. Last night, curiosity sparked again about deals on getting a new car and trading in my old one; this lead to me finding a deal that was only good through today: 0% for 72 mo on a new Niro, the EX Touring model.

2. The deal was only available at Raymond Kia in Antioch, so I decided I would call up there to verify first thing in the morning, as Antioch is a 55 min drive from here.

3. This caused me to dream about getting a new car, but then driving it off the lot and discovering it already had 46k miles on it, etc. Silly brain!

4. I called and the deal was indeed valid, so I reserved for 2:30pm with a salesperson, meaning I would leave right after class.

5. Yes, the deal was on, but it had conditions, the main of which was taking it at MSRP instead of getting discounts, which would have put it out of reach for me, so I had to negotiate like hell, then wait the longest I have ever in my entire life for the finance department to be ready, and finally left with my new 2025 Niro at 8:15pm to arrive home at 9:12pm, oof!

Comments