9 Feb 26

1. Woke up to a text from Mr. B (CC) telling me he is sick and won't be in class today, plus to expect significant absences in Fr 2. Thing is, there were actually more absent in Fr 1--still more than usual in both classes, though.

2. And in Fr 1, my students informed me they were upset to learn that the school has decided they will not continue the French program next year. Many of them were quite upset, too. I felt like I got punched in the gut, sent me reeling. I texted Mr. B about it and he said he was upset, too, doesn't agree with the decision.

3. I couldn't shake the thoughts about what this will do to my next school year. Mind you, this was a new program this year, so it's entirely possible there will be other new ones next year. I have my doubts, though, so instead of doing my prep like I should have, I spent time looking at job postings and venting to Martha (Elevate colleague). 

4. Went out at 6pm to deposit my refund from final car payment and pick up choc milk & pizzas at Aldi...after all, it's national pizza day, we had to have pizza! I tried a new one from the special find section that was pesto base with mushrooms, quite tasty!

5. Finally got motivated enough to do my prep at around 10pm, though I didn't stay fully focused on it, so I've just now finished IVSA. Need to quickly throw together couple of slides for Fr 2 (they are doing PA, so easy-peasy :))

Comments