27 jun 26

1. Did not have breakfast because I knew I'd be eating well at the AF Luncheon at noon. And oh was I right! First time attending, and won't be the last, as we are thinking to maybe do it there next year as well!

2. Had hubby drop me off b/c the resto did not tell us (member alerted us about a week ago) that Swedish Days fest was going on in Geneva, thus parking would be awful. But funny enough, despite being super gorgeous day out, there were actually some spaces right along main street! Oh well.

3. The meal was incredible--family style appetizer of charcuterie + escargot, then main course--which I chose the French onion soup and a salad with beets and poached pears that I would never have normally, but turned out to be superb (and others at my table were envious, as I was only one who picked that), then dessert--pot de crème (chocolat). Majorly yum all around. I had wine with the meal, then bubbly with dessert. Normally would not indulge at that level, but decided to go full tilt!

4. Had our leadership meeting afterwards, got to chat with Deb about the new conversation group I want to start, and that I want to be registered for the federation convention in Oct. I really, really want to be a better VP this year.

5. M & A come to pick me up, got crickets on way home + a couple of burgers for hubby and slurpee for A, then we went for a bike ride in the perfect weather. I could have gone all day, was so nice, but the daylight was due to run out, so we went just 12.13 mi. Then I made homemade pizza for dinner. A fantastic day all around!!!

Comments