12 jul 26

1. Wasn't NEARLY as productive as I wanted to be today about the house cleaning. I made the grave error of clearing the items from the front hallway lol. This resulted in me spending, I kid you not, 2 hours on Christmas card triage.

2. During this triage, I watched part of the new Netflix Little House on the Prairie series. So far, it's good, but it's a bit chaotic. To me, it is a bit of whiplash with the speed of events, yet online, it says it's 'slower paced' to match the books better. Huh? And while I really like that they took the time to consult with Osage tribe to get their outfits and culture correct, I detest when they have scenes with them at their alleged house and speaking in English. Nope, not buying that. They speak in Osage sometimes, like at random. Rather certain that is not how it would have been at all. And non-white LADY shopkeeper--oh hell no. I say non-white because I have no idea what race she is, but I am quite sure that it was likely always a MALE keeper back in the day, and very likely white. I'm all for inclusion and diversity, please don't take this the wrong way. But you can't just throw in other races for diversity in the old west, sheesh--and gender roles for that matter. The portrayal of Caroline is odd at times b/c some of her lines give "I don't have to do what you want, husband", when you know full well that really did not fly back in the day, and I don't recall the books mentioning her being like that (though maybe it's in the memoir).

3. Speaking of which--because I got watching that, I then started fact checking on it, which got me reading some stuff. You can see where the productivity went out the window lol.

4. Went for a bike ride--8.15 mi--aroudn 6pm. Had to get one in before this stupid heat wave crap arrives starting demain, grr.

5. Had leftovers from Moretti's for dinner and STILL have one more serving for demain! Now working on a bit more cleaning before heading upstairs. 

Comments