13 jul 26

1. Today I went back to the gym for the first time since...holy crap--April?! It was TOUGH, as it always is to go back after so long, but I'm super glad I did. I opted to do stairmaster--went 31 min, 120 flights. Not bad! I know it's unlikely to budge the scale much right away, but I'm still going to try. And most importantly, for my heart health. Our bike rides are nice, yet far from challenging.

2. Had the rest of my leftovers from Moretti's for lunch, yum! While eating that, I checked my emails and saw an invite for cookout and pool party chez Melissa in August for IVSA. I am very not about the pool part, so I'll likely skip. Most shocking email was the one asking if I'd be available in the fall for classes and that Tremont is returning. I wanted to write back and say "seriously???!" but I simply said yes I'd be available lol. Cannot believe they have anyone that would take the class, nor that it would be worth paying someone to manage it (and I fear it will be the same one as last year, ugh).

3. I then got distracted with planning for my birthday week. I briefly considered traveling, yet decided against b/c 1--have already been on a big trip this summer, and 2--would rather save up for next birthday's trip! Instead, I found something to do locally nearly every day and then some! Much of it will depend on the weather, as lots are outdoor concerts. I want to hike as well, but again--depends sooo much on the weather.

4. At the beginning of the day, Aptive came for pest control. To get ready, I went on the back deck and moved plants away from the the door. When I did so, discovered a nesting site going on for ants under my thyme planter, ugh! Needless to say, will be keeping a sharp eye on that. And today I watered at 4pm without having to apply OFF, woohoo!

5. I also meal planned a little based on looking in the freezer. Am on a mission to eat up all we have there and then replace little by little. There is just sooo much in there right now. Pulled out steaks to do for Wed and opted for our fave chicken breast with rice pilaf for dindin tonight. Also made the leek & bacon quiche that I was going to do for AF picnic originally. Dommage that I can't take it demain for the convo group (no outside food allowed there).

Comments