31 jul 26
1. Today started with waking up before my alarm (as usual) for lessons at 10am through 12pm. The 10am lesson was new student for French, acquired via AF DuPage. She is an older woman and speaks French fairly well, with an interesting accent. The second lesson was with a girl I thought was done with, but she didn't get score she wanted on ACT, so now she's trying for SAT again. I don't have the heart to tell her that she isn't likely to improve much--she seems to have some sort of language comprehension issue for the English questions that require analysis and such.
2. A lot of the day, I had to grade, as this was last day for submissions. Was surprised that most of the students actually managed to get through it all. There was some definite translator use, though well within guidelines. They had to have typed very well in AI if they used it, as there were no outside structure present for anyone. Most of them had too perfect of responses, though, so I know something was going on somewhere.
3. In the afternoon before lesson with Ken at 4, I cleared out the upstairs catwalk/landing above the foyer. I also vacuumed and shampooed the carpet to prepare it for new items to be placed.
4. Went out shopping after lesson with Ken. First stop was Old Time Pottery, where I spent wayyyy longer than intended, as they are having a fantastic sale...because they are going out of business :(((( I got amazing deals, though--some art for living room and hallway, a lamp for the living room, a Monet clock for my office area, and a chair for the space I cleared! After this, I went to the TJ Maxx in St Charles, hoping to find maybe a cylinder lamp and some décor, but they did not have much selection. On the way back home, I stopped at Home Depot in Bartlett, looking for the plant I'd decided on when we shopped at Schaumburg location the other day. They didn't have it, so I then trekked over there and got it, then finally returned home, starving (was 8:30pm!)
5. Smashed my middle left finger at the fingernail when bringing in the large art piece, d'oh! Still hurts a bit. Devoured half of my leftovers, had a crème brûlée for dessert, and then placed the furniture and my clock.
Comments
Post a Comment