5 aug 26

1. Today started with waking at 9:48, but M was still sleeping heavily, so I slipped out of the room to not disturb him. A was awake, had not gone to bed, and we ended up having a long discussion about his lack of correct sleep and other items. I really hope he'll get on a better pattern soon.

2. Thought I was going to have a lesson at 1:30pm, but I had misunderstood the message from the parent, so no lesson after all. Took a pic of my cast iron Dutch oven to sell on marketplace, then when I went to post it, ended up seeing K'nex stuff that Avery wanted and got involved with that instead lol. 

3. We dashed out to fetch a small tote for $10 in St. Charles, and he was already thrilled with this. But we'd seen another listing for $100 that had A LOT: 6 boxed sets and 2 plastic containers, with most of the sets being rare! He REALLY wanted this one, and Nana offered to get it for him as early bday present--which he eagerly accepted :D

4. Thus, after we returned, he and Michael went out to fetch that one in Lisle. I had to stay home bc I had the stupid Oncord training to attend at 4, then lesson at 5. Had a bit of time between, which I used to sand and paint the dings in the main hallways.

5. Right near 4, I cleaned out the paintbrush and hopped on the computer...to discover the salope had canceled AGAIN. Mega GRRRR. She's even sicker now. And the only reschedule option is for next Wed at 4:30, meaning that we must end our convo group by 3:45 next week. I realize that her being sick is not her fault, but waiting to cancel until 30 min prior IS. If you feel that shitty, you damn well know it before going to bed (she is in Australia, so what is happening is that she waits until morning for her, which is afternoon for us). You can have the courtesy to WARN your clients that you will likely be calling off. 

6. Extra one today because so much happened! While A & M went to karate, I spent a bit of time looking up flights. I know budget-wise I shouldn't, yet I just can't seem to resist. Part of me wants to use my passport one last time before renewing, plus I'm almost out of Comté lol. And who knows what will happen in November (I dread it as much as 2024's but pray it's better result this time). However, I have that Halloween party to host...and thus part of me thinks, perhaps I must wait. Day ended with having chicken cordon bleu for dindin (the Costco frozen version) and helping with basement cleanup, shelf building, reorganzing.

Comments